In addition to financial contributions, each year thousands of volunteers work onsite at our shelter and our two thrift stores, providing services on both the agency and client level to ensure smooth operation of our programming. The opportunities for volunteerism are endless. From working one on one with a client who needs help with a job application to serving as a member of our Board of Directors, the time and talents of our local community members and business leaders are greatly appreciated.
- Preaching a chapel service on Thursday or Sunday
- Assisting with one of the many building improvement projects always underway to improve our facility
- Cooking and serving a meal in our dining hall
- Assisting our paid staff at either thrift store with cleaning, sorting, and stocking merchandise
- Painting one of our nine family rooms
- Helping a child with homework during our After-School Program
- Teaching a life skills class on Wednesday morning
- Providing snacks and gifts for our monthly birthday social
To complete the online volunteer application and indicate your project of preference click HERE.
For those who require educational credits, Valley Mission accepts interns on a first come, first served basis.
Valley Mission also works with those who are required to complete court ordered community service. For more information regarding these specific requirements contact our Director of Marketing and Development: (540) 886-4673 X 101